Singapore has one of the largest global foreign exchange and over-the-counter commodity derivatives markets in the world, and has seen the number of commodities companies double in the past decade. 80% of the largest oil, metals and agriculture players have significant presences here. As a result of technological advancements, key decision makers have a huge appetite to embrace change and challenge the status-quo. This has translated into an increased use of advanced predictive data analytics, IOT solutions, and disruptive technologies such as blockchain.
Commodities form an integral part of our daily lives. Whether relating to oil, gas, renewables, power, specialty chemicals, metals and mining, agriculture and food production, this practice in Kerry Consulting is dedicated to servicing clients across the entire supply chain spectrum. This ranges from integrated producers, trading houses, mid to downstream players, ancillary service providers, to sector-specific consulting firms.
We continuously invest in identifying and building relationships with high calibre talent across functions, including but not limited to commercial, business development, market analysis, strategy, risk management (market and credit), trading operations, finance and treasury (including structured trade finance), technology (including digital), compliance, and human resources.
Our Energy & Commodities Practice consists of consultants who themselves hail from commodities and professional services. Supported by a highly capable in-house research team, the Practice has a strong track record in executing mid and senior level mandates across the Asia Pacific region, including China.
Mandates have included:
- Functional leadership roles
- Front office and trading: Head of Trading (Various), Marketing and commercial managers
- Business and Corporate Development: Head of Business Development, Origination
- Commercial and freight operators
- Market Analysis: Head, Senior Analysts
- Risk Management and Controls: Chief Risk Officer, Head of Market Risk, Head of Credit Risk, Middle Office Manager, Business Compliance
- Trading support and operations: Commercial Operations Manager, Middle Office Business Compliance Lead
- Finance and treasury: Chief Financial Officer, Structured Trade Finance Director, Trade Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Business Controller, Finance business partners, Asia Pacific Tax
- Director, Transfer Pricing Manager, Indirect Tax lead
- Supply Chain: Trade Compliance, Procurement lead
- Technology: Chief Technology Officer, Head of Information Technology and Systems, CTRM/ ETRM Project leads, Digital and Innovation Manager