- Category Commerce & Industry
- Industry Other
- Function Finance & Accounting
- Consultant Isao Omine
- License No 16S8060
- Registration No R1551511
- Job Ref No 17566
- Salary S$100,000 - S$150,000
Deal Strategy, Professional Services (Japanese Speaking)
Deal Advisory professionals help buyers, sellers, private equity investors, governments, and lenders in developing and executing on their value strategies. The Transaction Services team focuses on due diligence (financial and commercial) deal strategy assistance in relation to acquisitions, disposals, public bids/mergers, joint ventures, buy-outs, market entries, financing and other transactions. The team also helps clients identify upside opportunities and risks in their transaction processes to satisfy the due diligence requirements.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction process.
- Evaluate markets, assess market size, growth, segmentation and overall attractiveness, customer interviewing, and assess strengths and weaknesses of market participants.
- Work on broader deal strategy and market entry/growth advice, including M&A target identification and deal hypothesis development.
- Undertake day to day client or target interactions to manage data flows and support overall project management of projects.
- Assist clients with building detailed business models including market forecasts, competitor share forecasts, evaluating synergy and cost saving opportunities, and product/service improvements.
- Deliver deeper insights to our clients, using third-party data analytics tools.
- Participate in engagement teams with senior client executives, attorneys, and investors.
- Draft detailed professional reports and assist in preparing pitch documents e.g. proposals and presentations.
- Perform financial analysis, review on target projects and formulate deal rationale and strategy.
- Apply standard Customer Due Diligence (CDD) techniques and methods in analysis.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in strategy, commercial due diligence, or consulting experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Numerate or Analytical disciplines such as Mathematics, Economics, and Accounting, or the equivalent preferred.
- Sector experience in any of the following areas preferred: Financial Services, Healthcare, Transportation, Energy, Consumer & Retail, ICT.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel (other data analytics tools/languages will be highly regarded).
- Financial and commercial awareness with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Deep expertise and ability to add sector insights into client deliverables and proposals.
- Curiosity, healthy skepticism, creativity, and attention to detail; with ability to lead more junior associates.
- Experience in leading due diligence and strategy projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly motivated and able to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required. Due to business need, candidate is also expected to work beyond their normal working hours to fulfil the accountabilities required for their job.
- Due to the engagements, regional experience in South East Asia would be an added advantage
- Fluency in Japanese to liaise with clients and stakeholders in the region
To apply, please submit your resume to Isao Omine at email@example.com, quoting the job title and reference number 17566. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Registration Number: R1551511
License Number: 16S8060