- Category Commerce & Industry
- Industry Health & Life Sciences
- Function Finance & Accounting
- Consultant Isao Omine
- License No 16S8060
- Registration No R1551511
- Job Ref No 20399
- Salary S$55,000 - S$100,000
Finance Controller, Japanese Speaking (based in Kuala Lumpur)
A Leading and global medical device technology company that designs and innovates exciting technologies to better human health and mobility, helping people to perform at their fullest potential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The role of the Controller is that to take the lead role as the legal entity / market Finance person that connects all Finance towers, namely GBS, FBP, FP&A, Indirect tax, Tax, Group – in ensuring smooth end to end finance and accounting operations.
Support the Regional Controller, country Managing Director and their Finance Business Partners in the delivery of statutory and tax reporting in Japan and the compliance with legal, statutory, regulatory and SOX requirements.
Role requires individual to provide strong inspirational leadership, building and developing a high-performing regional Finance team and service taking into account cost control and efficient resource deployment. Controller will also need to identify and prioritise future improvement initiatives e.g. process simplification, standardisation and business efficiencies; including identification of opportunities for automation.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the service for allocated Business Units aligned with the Finance Taxonomy and RACI deliver fit for purpose transactional finance and financial reporting service that are compliant with the control frameworks.
- Design and implement appropriate change management interventions to ensure acceptance of the solution with internal and external stakeholders including both internal and external auditors.
- Design, create and implement the responsibility and accountability for a strong controls culture and framework to ensure compliance with the Group’s Minimum Acceptable Practices (“MAPs”) framework, Group Finance Manual and SOX methodology in conjunction with the Controllership function and in partnership with GBS.
- Design and drive the transformation of the service to minimise cost whilst maintaining controls and ensuring integrity of the accounting.
- Provide strong inspirational leadership, building and developing a high-performing regional Finance team and service taking into account cost control and efficient resource deployment.
- Identify and prioritise future improvement initiatives e.g. process simplification, standardisation and business efficiencies; including identification of opportunities for automation.
- Must be able to converse and read Japanese language fluently in order to liaise with co-workers in Japan.
- Education (required grade and area): Degree qualified & professional qualification
- Licenses/ Certifications (please prioritize and specify required and nice to have): ACA / ACCA / CA /CPA / CMA or equivalent
- Experience: 11+ years of work experience in reporting and controlling with at least 3 – 5 years in a relevant senior finance role managing multiple stakeholders.
- Team management experience.
- Audit, Statutory, Tax computation experience in an audit firm.
- Experience of working in a global business services centre.
- Cross functional stakeholder relationship management and ability to influence and make an impact on decision making from off-shore location.
To apply, please submit your resume to Isao Omine at email@example.com, quoting the job title and reference number 20399. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Registration Number: R1551511
License Number: 16S8060