- Category Technology
- Industry IT & Telco
- Function Application & Software Development
- Consultant Yien Quek
- License No 16S8060
- Registration No R1109830
- Job Ref No 25179
- Salary S$150,000 - S$250,000
Our client is a leading mobility technology startup based in Singapore. With a growing operating presence and usage rates, they are looking to hire a Head of Engineering to help build the necessary technology infrastructure to support the company’s expansion. The role is part of the core management team and the successful candidate will be advising on the company’s roadmap and technical vision for the longer term.
- Work closely with heads of business and product to define the technology roadmap. Ensure the roadmap is aligned and updated with the company’s vision, market trends, and consumer requirements.
- Define the company’s and team’s KPIs and OKRs. Identify critical areas of improvement where we can apply technology impactfully.
- Lead the development of a full range of software and hardware capabilities, from the fundamentals, such as mobile and web experiences, to the state-of-the-art, such as machine learning/artificial intelligence, real-time forecasting and optimisation algorithms.
- Revamp current technology stack to enable rapid product development while maintaining reliability and security. Work closely with respective tech leads to architect a scalable, extensible, and cost-effective system.
- Grow and lead the product engineering and data science teams to ensure timely, high-quality deliveries. Ensure the adoption of engineering best practices. Engage with external contractors as necessary to scale the team.
- Manage career progression and training to cultivate a healthy, high-performance technical team.
- Drive the technology and vendor decision-making. Make build-vs-buy decisions based on time-to-market, competitive landscape, and the roadmap. Monitor and understand emerging technologies to assess their value-add potential and applicability for adoption.
- Develop integrations with key external partners. Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences when meeting external partners.
- Minimum 10 years of technical and managerial experience, with a good track record in delivering complex projects requiring managing diverse stakeholders and vendors.
- Track record of managing product engineering teams and external contractors, including remote teams. Experience with engineering management/project management (e.g., Agile, scrum, kanban) and performance management.
- Extensive experience working with business and product management to define deliverables and timelines, shaping the longer-term roadmap. Track record of rapid time-to-market while effectively managing technical debt.
- Possess a passion for technology around shared mobility and green tech.
- Significant experience in software development and architecture. Technologies in use by the company: Node.js, Swift, Kotlin, AWS, Terraform.
- Keen understanding of operations (DevSecOps or SRE) for high-traffic consumer-facing platforms.
- Excellent communication skills. Capable of advising key stakeholders on technical risks or alternative solutions.
For interested candidates, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Registration No: R1109830
Licence No: 16S8060