- Category Commerce & Industry
- Industry Health & Life Sciences
- Function Finance & Accounting
- Consultant Isao Omine
- License No 16S8060
- Registration No R1551511
- Job Ref No 21137
- Salary S$100,000 - S$150,000
Internal Audit Manager (Global Pharma MNC)
Supported by the Group’s R&D, Manufacturing and infrastructure capabilities, operates across the entire commercial value chain, from clinical development, regulatory approval and product launch to lifecycle management with a diverse portfolio of proprietary and partnered brands in key therapeutic fields including Consumer Health, Dermatology, Primary Care, Allergy/Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Specialty Care and Men’s Health.
- Lead effective audit teams throughout assignments in different locations and functional areas across the Asia Pacific region and globally, taking responsibility for the team members, providing leadership, support and encouragement for good performance and maintaining an appropriate work/life harmony on assignments.
- Plan, execute and deliver audits on time and as per schedule, that provide assurance on enterprise-wide risks (e.g. in-market and above-market), that do not have pre-established control frameworks, facing senior management at local, region and Group Function management levels. This requires from the Audit Manager a significant higher level of Leadership, Learning Agility, Multidisciplinary Collaboration, Risk and Assurance Mastery, Judgement and experience.
- Support the Regional Director of Internal Audit in the planning and execution of highly complex audits on global enterprise risks without pre-defined control frameworks
- Identify root causes of control gaps and unmitigated risks, and investigate, analyze and test possible solutions or measures for improvement.
- Provide meaningful, actionable, value-added and cost-effective recommendations that address control gaps, mitigate exposure to operational business risks, and improve the company’s control framework. Identify opportunities to recommend best practices noted across the organization, industry, or other industries.
- Review and agree observations and findings with pertinent management, and prepare audit reports that concisely and objectively summarize those observations, recommendations, root causes, and other information relevant to all key stakeholders.
- Master key company policies that Internal Audit provides assurance on, including their implementing guidelines and procedures.
- Apply effective project management skills to audit assignments to deliver work which meets high quality standards, deadlines and expectations of stakeholders.
- Build effective business partnering and advisory relationships with senior management on the audit and with managers in relevant functions, while maintaining the independence and objectivity of self, team and the Internal Audit function
- University degree preferably in financial/management discipline (accounting, finance, economics). Ideally qualified accountant (i.e. Chartered Accountant or CPA) and/or MBA
- Minimum 7 years audit experience gained in a pharmaceutical company, MNC environment or Big 4 in an Internal Audit capacity.
- Proven leadership skills. Able to work independently as well as in a team; and ability to build support and credibility within all levels of an organization.
- Ability to navigate and lead through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent business acumen and preferably knowledge of pharmaceutical business process flow. “Act like an owner” mindset.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative to address and resolve complex problems and make continuous process improvements. Highly motivated to learn, apply and expand prior learnings.
- Strong understanding of financial/operational controls and systems, risk management, governance and compliance with laws, regulations and policies in a variety of business settings.
To apply, please submit your resume to Isao Omine at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title and reference number 21137. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Registration Number: R1551511
License Number: 16S8060