- Category Commerce & Industry
- Industry Other
- Function Finance & Accounting
- Consultant Isao Omine
- License No 16S8060
- Registration No R1551511
- Job Ref No 20629
- Salary S$100,000 - S$150,000
Senior Finance Manager (Entertainment)
Have the chance to be a part of the growth at Singapore’s national treasure which links directly to it’s popularity amongst people who come to Singapore. You will be a sole contributor and handle all areas within Accounting/ Finance, many colleagues will be looking up to you as you’ll have more experience and be a jack of all trades within finance team.
a) Collate the annual planning and budget process by working with the respective project leads to develop the overall budget for all project initiatives.
b) Work closely with the project team to ensure that project design and development activities are in accordance with allotted budget.
c) Review all budget reallocation requests to ensure sufficient budget in the various funding buckets.
2. Statutory reporting and external / internal audit
a) Liaise with internal and external auditors with respect to statutory audits, as well as draft full audit report (including notes to the accounts).
b) Review of government annual surveys prepared by managers.
c) Review managers’ work e.g. payments, audit schedules, journal entries, GST submissions etc.
3. Procurement and tender related
a) Review and endorse procurement requisitions and change requests to ensure costs are according to funding and development budget allocation.
b) Perform financial assessment for Prequalification, attend tender interviews, evaluation, price opening and other ad-hoc meetings.
4. System Implementation
a) Heavy involvement in implementation of IBM software to track the overall project cost, actual spent and approved budget including any on-going approved cost revisions and cost over-runs.
b) Perform user acceptance testing
c) Involved in end-user training and assist end-users during budget exercise.
5. Tax Compliance
a) Responsible for all tax reporting (corporate, GST, property and withholding tax) for the entities.
b) Co-ordinate and review Capital Allowance, Transfer Pricing and Corporate Structural Review Studies.
6. Cashflow Management
a) Prepare and update the cash flow forecast, on a monthly basis for management and monitor fund available for fixed deposit placement.
b) Manage spending and cash balances for the different funding buckets and schedule capital injection / funding requests accordingly so as to achieve cashflow efficiencies.
7. Project accounting
a) Monitor contracts’ cost vs budget progress and explain variance.
b) Ensure monthly Project Cost Report is allocated according to funding and development budget.
8. Grant Monitoring (Backup)
a) Collate and provide relevant information for relevant government bodies and the external auditors for the recurring grant drawdowns and grant certification process.
b) Responsible for the period end reporting in terms of grant availability, grant draw downs, payments to date and grant reconciliation.
- Degree in Accounting, CA/ ACCA
- 10+ years Accounting/ Finance experience coveirng full sets of accounts, budgeting, corporate tax/ GST
- Has worked in a small to mid size company who has done sole contributor role for SGX company
- Project Accounting experience preferred
- Highly meticulous and strong cost control focus. Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly matrix environment, while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills – ability to communicate financial matters effectively to non-financial managers. Ability to work as a team and to develop financial knowledge and commercial awareness among the project team.
To apply, please submit your resume to Isao Omine at email@example.com, quoting the job title and reference number 20629. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Registration Number: R1551511
License Number: 16S8060