- Category Technology
- Industry Other
- Function Infrastructure & Cloud
- Consultant Shreeya Bhan
- License No 16S8060
- Registration No R1983436
- Job Ref No 19477
- Salary S$55,000 - S$100,000
The hiring company is a leading local organization focused on enabling Singapore and its citizens and businesses by developing state of the art technology capabilities. With COVID-19’s implications and the increased importance of digital technology, they are working with extra tenacity to provide more products and services to help fast-track the digital transformation for the country in a secure and convenient manner. As a result, the firm is actively looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join them.
You will be part of one of the key teams leading the digital transformation where you will be helping the firm increase the efficiency, reliability, and sustainability of their systems with your SRE experience.
You would ideally come from a software engineering background with a keen interest in infrastructure engineering and operational excellence. Using this experience, you would be expected to design, implement, and own SRE processes as well the toolchain to help the stakeholders adopt SRE when developing any products or services.
Your role as the SME for Site Reliability Engineering would not only hold you responsible for ensuring the toolchain and processes are in line with the policy and security requirements of the firm and the industry, at large, but also, you will be expected to proactively drive more awareness and educate the business and stakeholders in SRE.
One of the key unique factors of this role is that it will also provide hybrid infrastructure experience which is rare to come by in Singapore given the slower cloud adoption rate. Additionally, this role would give you the opportunity to be part of initiatives that will truly drive a change in the country and be beneficial to the everyday citizens.
- You would have an educational background in Computer Science or related fields to have strong foundational knowledge of computer science fundamentals.
- You would have at least 2 years of working experience as a Site Reliability Engineer driving operational automation for your team/ enterprise using software engineering (Terraform, Ansible, Shell scripting or Python programming)
- Experience in application monitoring is necessary. Also, any experience in monitoring or logging using ELK, Grafana, Prometheus or Dynatrace would be highly beneficial
- While having strong knowledge in DevOps engineering would be advantageous, hands-on experience in specifically Infrastructure as code and/or policies as code would be required
- You would also be required to have a strong understanding of both Windows and Linux environments as you would be playing a key role in infrastructure services administration (mainly network services, DB, VM) on cloud or on-premise
- Would be ideal to have experience in any of the logging and tracing platforms/tools such as Elastic, Fluentd, Kibana or Jaegar
- Experience in Full stack development is necessary along with hands-one experience in automation – both for deployment and monitoring
- Must be familiar with AWS
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Registration No: R1983436
Licence No: 16S8060