- Category Commerce & Industry
- Industry Other
- Function Infrastructure & Cloud
- Consultant Shreeya Bhan
- License No 16S8060
- Registration No R1983436
- Job Ref No 19166
- Salary S$100,000 - S$150,000
The hiring firm is a leading educational institute of Singapore, often listed as one of the top 5 across Asia. They have maintained their strong focus towards utilising advanced technologies to remain at the forefront of higher education. With the increased importance of digital technology, they are working with extra tenacity to provide a reliable and accessible hybrid cloud environment to their users. As a result, the firm is actively looking for an experienced VMware Engineer to join them.
You will be part of the team leading the Cloud transformation journey for the firm and all your responsibilities will be focused towards be helping the firm increase the efficiency and reliability of their systems.
The firm currently has a hybrid cloud environment setup, with VMware as a key partner. One of the key responsibilities under your job scope will be to management the administration and any enhancements of the VMware Software Defined Data Centre (SDDC). You would be expected to be proactive and ensure that it’s aligned with the latest technologies and trends available in the market.
Your experience in either creating and deploying CI/CD pipelines or setting up Infrastructure as Code would be of great advantage to the ongoing and future projects as you would be responsible for building and running DevOps containers. The maintenance and enhancement of the current automated workflows will also fall under your job scope.
One of the key unique factors of this role is that it will provide hybrid cloud experience which is rare to come by in Singapore given the slower cloud adoption rate.
- You would have at least 5 years of working experience as a technologist with the past couple of years immersed in VMware. Experience in administering VMware vSphere infrastructure, VMware vRealize Automation, NSX or VMC on AWS will be key
- Experience in deploying DevOps technology on VMware or any Public Cloud platforms (AWS or Azure) would be highly beneficial.
- Containerisation experience will be key
- You would also have an educational background in Computer Science or related fields to have strong foundational knowledge of computer science fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience in one of the following programming languages – Python, PowerShell or Java – is preferred
- Would be ideal to have experience in any of the Configuration Management and Deployment tools like — Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform etc.
- Any AWS or VMware related certifications would be highly advantageous
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Registration No: R1983436
Licence No: 16S8060