CHROs and HR Leaders today are playing increasingly central roles in the evolving strategy of any organisation, whether it is bringing it through uncertainty and turbulence, or driving reinvention, innovation and growth.
There are now demanding strategic needs to deliver critical new skills and to redefine workforces, yet drive operational efficiency and strong employee experience in much more compact timeframes. This has resulted in greater urgency to recognise evolving sought-after skills required to achieve these outcomes.
Tech-savviness, commercial acumen, agility, and the creativity in re-imagining HR will be crucial for HR professionals to succeed in 2020 and in this new decade!
2020 HR Trends
- Organisational Development and Effectiveness is a key component of today’s strategic Human Resources leaders’ mandates, as companies race to build critical skills for the future, bolster their leadership bench and implement organisational design and change management; to be more agile and responsive in uncertain times.
- Employee Experience is moving to the top of C-suite agendas, with increased emphasis on culture building and employee wellness
- Rewards Strategies which are more personalised, agile, and holistic are being developed. Employees today place greater emphasis on incentives and benefits which support both their career and total well-being (financial, emotional and physical).
- The Learning and Development ‘one size fits all’ approach is waning, and is being taken over by more bespoke and employee-owned styles of learning leveraging on digital technologies, allowing for a mix of on-the-go virtual learning, and in-person experiential learning from formal and informal training.
- Enhancing of HR Operations through Robotics Process Automation (RPA) and Chatbots leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)
- Big Data and Predictive Analytics increasingly being adopted for decisioning to identify opportunities to create more innovative, agile and productive organisations
2020 Sought-after Talent
- Tech-savvy Human Resources Practitioners
- Organisational Development
- Talent and Performance Management
- Rewards – holistic total well-being programs
- Learning Design and Technology
- Human Resources Data Analytics
- Human Resources Transformation
Our Human Resources Practice consists of seasoned Executive Recruiters who manage senior HR mandates across a diverse range of industries. Please get in touch with us to obtain in-depth insights into current market trends, as well as to access niche and highly sought-after talent.